The integration of digital technology with out-of-home (OOH) advertising unlocks interesting opportunities for marketers.
- Dynamic creative and custom triggers
While printed signs still dominate, digital OOH inventory is taking new shape and presenting advertisers with the potential to deliver more dynamic creative and custom triggers.
- Integration of mobile into OOH
Advertisers can also dynamically trigger ads based on the types of mobile devices near the OOH channel, meaning an iPhone owner might see a different ad than an Android user.
- Data improves measurement
Brands now have the ability to look at who has been exposed to an ad campaign on a digital billboard and track the behavior of the consumer afterward.
- The rise of automationAutomation and programmatic trading have reached the OOH industry. Digital OOH units can also be tracked throughout the day, similar to any other digital ad, delivering analytics results much faster than traditional methods allowed.
- Smart cities stimulate growth
Cities are becoming more connected than ever before, offering interactive digital kiosks with maps, free Wi-Fi and local destinations.